2005-05-27

5 days

I've spent 5 days on my new job now. Most of the time has been spent on installation and filling gaps in knowledge. There has and will be a lot of other things this week. Neda has started to move in with me. Yesterday she came to me with her car fully loaded with clothes. I had to throw away some of my clothes but I'm sure that I won't miss any of them. This weekend is dedicated till helping Neda moving to me and VisualCron.

VisualCron has kind of paused during this week but I'll continue later tonight. The most important thing is to have a stable beta so new users can try it out and old users can upgrade without having to much disturbance. VisualCron is totally rebuilt and with the changes made I have a totally new platform that better supports new functionality. I have added a lot of new functionality which I hope that users will appreciate.

I have decided that some functionality have to wait due to some problems. For example, running commands as a different user. I know this is an important feature but when VisualCron is running as a service under the system account this is impossible due to security issues. Changing serviceaccount displayed some strange error and I have to do more research there.

I'll try to post changes made here, and what I have been spending my time on.

More information later..

No comments: